Problem with "play"

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rociorociorocio, Jul 4, 2008.

1. rociorociorocio

rociorociorocio New Member

Hi,

I've got an Ipod Touch at home, which belongs to one of my friends, and I don't know how to resolve the problem that it has.

I turn it on, and i press "music". Everything's okay until then, because when i select any song, the Ipod doesn't play anything. The screen changes and you can see the album and all that stuff. But there's no way to make it sound. It seems like it's paused from the beginning of the song, but there is no play button, because the button that you see is the "pause" one. It has nothing to do with the headphones. I have tried connecting them to the Ipod many times and it still doesn't work =(

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I would be very grateful

I don't know if you will understand me =S I'm sorry about that. I'm a 16 years old spanish girl

Please Register or Log in to view images

I hope you'll understand
  2. gymtonic

gymtonic New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    it could be a defective headphone jack, has it had some water damage? or maybe try some more head phones?
  3. TheDuke1122

TheDuke1122 New Member

is it jailbroken?
  4. RudiRulez

RudiRulez New Member

Call apple tech support line, they will probaly replace it. Sounds like your Headphone jack is broken.
  5. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    do you have like an ihome or something? if you do, try playing in that
  6. rociorociorocio

rociorociorocio New Member

Yes. Do you think the problem may come from that? My ipod is jailbroken and works perfectly =s maybe some of the programs the girl installed has caused that... But i don't think so, really, because she's just installed three programs. And i've got... I don't know... Ten? And my friend is very careful with her things. Yesterday she told me she had never fallen her iPod or damaged it in any other way. I know her and it's completely believable xD i think she has an ihome. I'll tell her yo try and see what happens. Anyway, my brother os gonna unjailbreak? Or however that is called, because the owner is gonna send the iPod to Apple. I think Apple will replace it for a new one, because this problem hasn't been the only one. The touchscreen doesn't work well and the wifi doesn't work neither... So you can imagine how is this poor iPod. Thanks a lot for your help!! =)