Problem with "Other Data" on new 16g Ipod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Starkey, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Starkey

Starkey New Member

Hey. I got an Ipod Touch the other day for christmas (Naturally), and It's been working pretty sweetly. Untill today. I got all my music sorted, around 6 gig of it, on my 16 gig ipod and at the little memory status bar at the bottom of my Itunes it said "6 gig - Audio", "7 gig - Other". I thought, maybe it's something to do with it keeping another copy of my music on it for some reason. So i pulled my music off of it, and now there's only this "Other", and I can't find a trace of anything else on my Ipod, apart from a few apps.

I'm scared to do a full restore on it, because I paid for a few apps and it would be quite gutting to lose those already, (Though i'm not sure if it keeps a backup of them through a restore) Would be great if somebody had any advice.

Thanks for your time,

Starkey
  2. thedahomino

thedahomino Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    im pretty sure the apps are stored to your name and not your ipod so you should be able to restore then just re-download the apps again. they will be free. it will say the price in the appstore but when you go to install it'll say you've already bought it and you get it free. you should be ok with a restore...
  3. joorowned

joorowned New Member

Ya, whatever you purchase from iTunes, you keep to your account and you cant lose it. Restore it.
  4. reluttr

reluttr New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    As long as you sync with itunes a local backup of your apps and bought music are stored on your pc/mac. Also as stated, the apps are drm protected and you can redownload them through the itunes store for free.

Also there is only 2 ways to fix the "other" issues. One is to delete settings and data through the settings app in general, or restore the ipod "I recommend this". The reason why the other data issue happens is because the ipod's firmware experiances a issue that causes the media archives
  5. BaseballMVP755

BaseballMVP755 Banned

u should probably restore
  6. rileyman

rileyman Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Its happened to all of us, just restore

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. that one guy

that one guy New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Actually it hasnt happened to all of us so yeah
  8. rileyman

rileyman Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If it hasnt, it will because practically everyone i know its happened too

9. Starkey

Starkey New Member

Ok cheers guys

I just restored it and re-downloaded all my apps, and the saves were still there etc. Everything I had on it was pretty disposable anyway, as I only got it a few days ago.

Thanks for all the help