problem with my player/rotation/landscape mode

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by cjschriver3, May 18, 2009.

1. cjschriver3

cjschriver3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Rotation is turned OFF in SBSettings

All of my other apps work as they should, but yesterday I hit the music icon from the dock, and the first attched pic came up for an instant then switched to the second pic. Instead of browsing my library, it goes straight to cover flow and won't come back.

When I turn rotation back ON in SBSettings, it works normally

What gives? I don't want to use rotation.

Attached Files:

2. pyroshroom

pyroshroom New Member

I have the exact same problem, I think that it started after I updated the default sbsettings toggles package. No Rotation works... just that it's stuck in landscape mode instead of portrait now.
  3. cjschriver3

cjschriver3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i dont recall doing that to mine, but sometimes i stay up way too late and drink too much. if by updating you mean just selecting/deselecting different toggles to show, i've done that lots of times with no detrimental effects. I really can't think of anything i changed that would contribute to THIS circumstance.

If you hear something, lemme know?
  4. pyroshroom

pyroshroom New Member

Nah, I had meant that I updated the sbsettingstoggles package in Cydia and then it stopped working.. now that I'm looking at the filesystem content, it doesn't really make sense that it would've affect the rotation inhibitor.

Anyways, I found out what the problem was, if you press and hold the toggle for a couple of seconds you will see a message bar pop up from the bottom of the screen that indicates which direction the rotation inhibitor will lock your screen in. If you keep doing it a couple of times, it'll go back to portrait.
  5. cjschriver3

cjschriver3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Beautiful, thank you very much for remembering me, i appreciate it greatly

Please Register or Log in to view images

Solved

</thread>