Problem with my new iPod Touch (2G)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by aquajake, Jun 23, 2009.

1. aquajake

aquajake New Member

I just got an 8GB iPod touch last week and have been loving it ever since. (It's not JB'd, I'm running 3.0) But this afternoon, I went to use it and I noticed that the screen was all weird. It has horizontal lines all over the screen, and the color is messed up. I called Apple and they are arranging for me to return it. But I'd rather not wait the week or so and I was wondering if there was anything I could do to fix it. I have already tried both restore methods, so I don't think there is much more I can do, but I wanted to get someone else's opinion on it. This is my first post on these forums, so if I posted this in the wrong spot, or if it's already been addressed somewhere else, please go easy on me.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. jayjay960

jayjay960 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think your only option is to return it to apple. it sounds like a problem with the actual screen.
  3. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Maybe you have some stuck pixels? Try looking at the sticky for fixing stuck pixels.
  4. TearsOfFire

TearsOfFire New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Check the water indicator - in the headphonejack to see if its changed to a red colour.
  5. IceBerg

IceBerg New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I would just go back to where you bought it if it's only ben a week they should replace it in the store and you wont have to wait.
  6. aquajake

aquajake New Member

I bought it from the Apple Store online, so I don't think I can take it into a retail store. I'm thinking that the screen it just toast, now there's not so many lines, but the color is really messed up. The water indicator looks fine, I don't see any red. I don't understand why it would start acting up so suddenly. I have never dropped it, spilled anything on it, or anything like that. I guess I'll have to wait for Apple to ship me a new one.

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Dust

Dust New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    if you restored it, i dont think its a software problem. it must be a problem with the hardware