Problem with my ipt2g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iMinde, Feb 17, 2009.

1. iMinde

iMinde New Member

Hi all, i had my ipt2g since christmas, i JB it using one of the tutorials posted on this site, had no problems whatsoever for a while, then one day i turned it on from sleep and all i had was a white screen. i still heard all the noises it was making, and music. i restored it couple of times, then i drained battery copletely, restored it few more times and after all this im still stuck with white screen, i can still play music on it (just by guess-pushing) but thats about it. i tried google it but all i get is people talking about dfu and recovery modes. so please if you know whats hapened or what to do, please tell me( taking to apple store is not an option because there isn't an apple store where i live , and i have no receipt for it because it was a gift and it was sent to me from another country)

So if you can tell me anything about it please do. and sorry for any mistakes i've made - english is not my first language. good day to you all. thanks
  2. iScorp

iScorp Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Since google came up with putting it in DFU mode, have you actually tried that?
  3. iMinde

iMinde New Member

why would i do that? i've done it couple of times already, JB it restored it and i have a working ipt2g with a permanent white screen( i can unlock it - can hear the shutter sound it makes, i can put music on it and play it - but i can't see anything because everything is behind that white screen)
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    i think i made a big mistake naming my thread "Problem with my ipt2g" - people are sick of noobs having problems with their ipods , i think i would get more replies if it was "WOW! ipod touch 3G screenshots! NOT FAKE!!!!"
  4. iScorp

iScorp Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Why would you do that?!
    I so hope you were being sarcastic.

Edit: unless I fail at reading, in that case: hit me with a stick.
  5. Ruamrudee

Ruamrudee Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    i think it's the screenshot feature is making the white screen
  6. igeoffrey

igeoffrey Member

Device:
    iPad
    i can help u over msn or you can send your ipod to someone on this thread and they will take it to the apple store
  7. iMinde

iMinde New Member

It wasn't sarcastic it was a question ( or so it seemed to me - sorry ). so if i put it in DFU mode - what's next - JB again, restore?

is there any way to fix it?

nice one

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. manyo

manyo New Member

very clever, and don't forget your credit card and pin number for it

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. iMinde

iMinde New Member

any ideas anyone?
  10. SiN Altr Ego EL

SiN Altr Ego EL New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    when u put it into dfu mode, run a boot program. hopefully that will fix it.

i recommend 1clickboot