Problem with my iPot's wifi

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by musikreck, May 10, 2008.

1. musikreck

musikreck New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok well on my ipot, i have my internet network and i know the pass. so i turn my internet on and i wait and it doesn't connect with my network. so i press "forget network" and it forgets it and i reconnect with the network and it still doesn't work! so im wondering how i can fix this problem. because i really really want the internet on my iPoT to work. oh and this is MY network, im not leeching off someone's internet. so if you could help me that'd be great.

Please Register or Log in to view images

1 more thing: the weirdest thing is that my wifi worked fine this morning. the only thing ive done since that is download a couple of eBooks and Books and the Compass.app. oh and played Counter Strike Source on my PC.
  2. jls25

jls25 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i had this problem too...wat router do u have...for instance.. i have linkysys and i did like an msn chat with them and they told me how to configure it..i have done it before..it works, and its a stable connection, it connects, and its fast...
    PM me if u want or ill just sub. to this thread... so if u have links u type the ip address in the HTML bar, and type it,..it will ask for a pass. usually its the default..tell me more info about the router, andi can help out..hopefully.
  3. musikreck

musikreck New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    um im not really sure what my ip adress is. but i typed it into Safari.app on my iPot and it said, "safari can't open the page because it can't find the server" so i turned on the thing that asks if you want to connect to a network. and did that again. and same thing happened and it popped up the networks, i chose mine and entered the password, and it still didnt work. and one more thing i did was looked at Customize, re-applied my theme, and resprung.
  4. jls25

jls25 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    wat i mean by typing in the ip..is the router ip address iin ur webbrowser on ur desktop computer...wat brand of router do u have?
  5. musikreck

musikreck New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    um im not sure. but i tried to join other people's [which were unlocked and didnt need passwords] network... and it failed... whats wrong with the iPoT doc?
  6. jls25

jls25 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    have u tried a restore?
  7. musikreck

musikreck New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    no i haven't cause i just got this problem a few days ago. but in the end, if all else fails, then i will have to restore my ipod touch.

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. jls25

jls25 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well if u dont sync ur library...use a program called.. Tansee iphone copier... basically it can back up music and or photos in a folders..u will need to buy it...or..*******...but it is a really good program..so if u do... maybe use that
  9. bonerguitar

bonerguitar New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Can you tell me exactly what happens when you try to connect?
  10. musikreck

musikreck New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok well.... i dont need the program... i already sync my songs... ok um... i go to settings<wifi<-select my network-<enter password<and it says "unable to connect to network ______ (the name of my network)-. thats the problem people. help me plz.