iOS 4.1 Problem with manual backup of contacts

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Sumsaykra-z, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Sumsaykra-z

Sumsaykra-z Member

I like to manually backup up all of my information before a complete upgrade/restore. I have done this already several times with my iPhone 4 running 4.0.1. This works with everything from contacts, SMS, Bookmarks, etc. Well, I just recently upgraded to 4.1 and jb. I went in and manually restored all of my information but contacts is not working....AT ALL. I actually get something quite weird. The first time I run the phone app after manually restoring my contacts, in the background of the screen I get the Apple logo with the progress bar below it like you would get when you're restoring the phone. Worst yet, none of the contacts are there. So I thought it might of been limera1n for some off the wall reason. So I restored to 4.0.1, jb with limera1n, manually restored my stuff and sure enough...contacts were there. Am I missing something here? Are contacts FW sensitive or something? Does 4.1 handle contacts slightly different and just reinstalling the two .sqlitedb files in /private/var/mobile/library/contacts no longer enough. Anyone have a friggen clue?!?!
  2. acfman17

acfman17 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    I don't really know but I thought I would let you know of a great way to backup you contacts in the future. Click share contact and email them all to yourself. Then open the email after you update and you can save all the contacts.
  3. Sumsaykra-z

Sumsaykra-z Member

Thanks. I appreciate the advice.
  4. jessicas158

jessicas158 New Member

Well, I appreciate this advice too, but in case this doesn’t worked then? There is always a possibility of failure with such kind of methods so, I prefer the other way i.e. use of any third party software like backup iPhone contact because it is safe, secure and most importantly effective. You can try this as well.
  5. Suraya79s

Suraya79s New Member

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me. I manually backed-up both AddressBook.sqlitedb and AddressBookImages.sqlitedb files onto my computer, but restoring them back into the phone afterwards seems not to work properly. My iPhone still shows as no contacts are available even after restoring the 2 files multiple times.

Same procedure seemed to be successful to restore my SMS history. Any advise would be very much appreciated.