Problem with JBing

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by simonh, Jun 20, 2009.

1. simonh

simonh New Member

I'm trying to jb my 2g, but I've came across a problem. At first, I was using redsn0w 0.7, and when it came to the 3rd reboot, cmd just closed, leaving me with a black screen on my ipod. I resetted it and tried again, with no luck.
    Then I tried using 0.71, with the gui. This time it gets to the 3rd reboot, then says its done. I clicked finish, but it stays on the black screen like before. Again, I tried resetting it, but it still wont work.
    Anyone have a fix for this?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Anyone?
  2. adamscybot

adamscybot New Member

IDENTICAL problem with me. Says done but just got a black screen. Resetting takes you back in, but the device is not jailbroken. Im restoring to 3 completely now and going to try again. Will post back with results.
  3. simonh

simonh New Member

Yeah, doing that aswell
  4. adamscybot

adamscybot New Member

It worked!

EDIT: Obviously it wasnt doing it properly before. This time it takes quite a while uploading ramdisk and you get the flashing nor etc screen on the ipod itself. Works great.
  5. Ltn.R_Ripley

Ltn.R_Ripley New Member

Hey Guys!

First post ever,just registered. Allll the waaaay from Stockholm,Sweden.
    I´ve been hangin´around here since I updated to 3.0 official the legal way,and I´ve been waiting for the jailbreak forever it feels like.

And now I have THE EXACT SAME prob as u guys do!! I´ve been doing a clean restore 4times as of now,and right after that opened Redsnow,browsed the firmware in the formerly hidden folder,and I get two different outcomes,BOT BOTH OF THEM e3nding with the black screen I call "Black Screen of Nothingness". Sometimes Redsnow goes all the way to "Jailbreak___DONE!" ,but of course my pod(2G) just stays black,and the other option is that it gets stuck on the 3rd reboot,and yeah,u guessed it-just stays on the black screen!! Nothing...Zip...Nada...Zilch...Any great enlightments\Ideas???

Ps. Regged here instead of the swedish counterpart,cause people around here seem just too intelligent and seemed to genuinley wanna help eachother out,so now I´m here.
  6. adamscybot

adamscybot New Member

I simply did this:

1. Put ipod into DFU mode.
    2. Clicked restore in itunes (let it download the FW again if it wants to)
    3. DO NOT "RESTORE BACKUP." DONT DO ANYTHING, DONT SYNC ANYTHING, JUST LEAVE IT ON THIS SCREEN.
    4. Turn off ipod with it still plugged in.
    5. Run redsn0w, putting the ipod into dfu when it starts the countdowns.
  7. kixphlat

kixphlat Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Did that, same problem...
  8. adamscybot

adamscybot New Member

Odd, it fixed this problem for me. May I ask was you ever on goldmaster?

Someone should twitter this thread to musclenerd.
  9. Ltn.R_Ripley

Ltn.R_Ripley New Member

Ok,will do!

I did all of the steps u mentioned EXCEPT,I synched it as a new ipod after the restore,I will leave it at that screen instead.

Just one more thing,how EXACTLY do u go into DFU Mode? Do u do it exactly when the countdown starts or after? And IF after,WHEN exactly?? Cant help but to feel that its THERE I go wrong. DFU = Hold Power and Home for 10secs,after 10secs release Power and hold homebutton for another 5secs or so,did I do it right?? Thanx so much for the help I´m receving,means the world to me!!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    No Adamscybot,I was NEVER on any betas or GM.

I did the whole thing the 17th,as the official 3.0 became available trough ITunes.

Will try the "Leaving it UNsynched" now,brb with results!
  10. simonh

simonh New Member

It has worked for me, and I synced it right after I restored it, then used redsn0w, and everything worked fine