Problem with Jailbroken Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by pjo1966, Apr 20, 2008.

1. pjo1966

pjo1966 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I had a problem with my Touch syncing. It was stuck syncing for over two hours. I disconnected it and did a power cycle. After it powered up, a couple icons were missing, including Safari. I'm hoping I don't have to do a restore, but I don't know how else to get Safari back. I purchased it along with the January software.
  2. SeeFreaky

SeeFreaky New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well, i don't know what to say, but i really think you should restore.
  3. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You mean you paid for Safari?

Please Register or Log in to view images

That makes no sense as it comes with all iPod Touches. And you might not want to, but the easiest way to fix this is going to be a restore. You can get all the January apps for free from Installer.
  4. beezy

beezy New Member

ifu can SSH, try manually re-installing them, theres a sticky that has all the backup apps fro all firmwares

Please Register or Log in to view images

good luck
  5. pjo1966

pjo1966 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I did a restore and am now redoing the Jailbrake.

Yes. I was confused. Safari was not in the January release.
  6. pjo1966

pjo1966 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Now that I'm reinstalling everything, I'm having a problem using Cyberduck to load eBooks into the Touch. It won't connect. I know my bookmarks won't work because they use the new login and password I set. I've tried connecting using the default root & alpine, but that didn't work either. OpenSSH is installed and running. I'm stumped. I'd really like to get the book I'm reading back in there. Any help would be appreciated.
  7. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    If you changed the password for it on your ipod you are screwed. It says specifically not to do that. If that's not the case what error is Cyberduck giving you? Most of the time you need to reset your router and it will work fine.
  8. pjo1966

pjo1966 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The instructions I followed initially when I set up to use Cyberduck with the Touch said it was a good idea to change the password. I would think doing a full restore would put the iPod back to its original state and its original login and password.

Rebooting the router did not help.
  9. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    When you install BSD Subsystem it tells you DO NOT change the password. If it's restored back to normal then just go reset your router. I bounce back and forth between 2.0 and 1.1.4 and every other time or so I have to reset my Airport Extreme and then it works fine.
  10. pjo1966

pjo1966 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I tried resetting the router and I even tried rebooting the computer. No luck.