Problem with jailbroken iPod Touch 1.1.4

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Zwerg Nase, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Zwerg Nase

Zwerg Nase New Member

Hey you guys!
    I'm really sorry that I have to bother you, but I can't help myself any longer. During the last days I read about 30 tutorials for jailbreaking, terminals and stuff like that. Still, I don't get to the point I wanted to.
    What I'm trying to do:
    I want to play games on my iPod, espacially via psx4all and gpSPhone.
    I jailbreaked my iPod with iLiberty+, using this tutorial: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80661
    After that, I wanted to follow this tutorial: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16429
    Still, that isn't as Idiot-proof as it seems. I managed to put psx4all on my iPod using Total Commander. But setting permissions with Squid doesn't work at all. I am able to check the boxes, but I keep hitting "Apply" and nothing happens. So I also found help for that here: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85593
    So I tried to get Term-vt100, but it isn't avaiable in my "Installer", so I downloaded it online and put it on my Touch with Total Commander.
    But when I try to start it, it just shows a black screen and throws me bach to the Home Menu.
    So...what can I do? I'm starting to get pissed 'cause everytime something works, the next thing doesn't....
    Please help me!

PS: I'm using Windows XP SP2, and an old iPod touch 1G, 8GB with Firmware 1.1.4.
  2. xxhorseriderxxx

xxhorseriderxxx Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Look up a tutorial on how to "SSH" and set the permissions of the terminal program folder to 0777. As fer the psx4all, try to download it in installer (add the zoddttd repo). Just understand though that not all repos will be active anymore because of the industry switch to the firmware 2.2 .

PS, just as a reminder, install bosstool and relocate fonts, ringtones (even on a touch), and applications. That should make things a lot easier. On top of that, if ya'll haven't downloaded SSH and Services yet to toggle SSH, do so now. (bosstool can be easily deleted after it has moved the folders)
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Consider this off topic, ya'll probably should run windows update from internet explorer (Tools>Windows Update). Run it and restart ya computer until no more updates show up. (might take atleast 5 times)
  3. Zwerg Nase

Zwerg Nase New Member

OK so the reason why I cannot install most of the apps in "Installer" is that I don't have 2.1?
  4. xxhorseriderxxx

xxhorseriderxxx Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    No, the reason is that the sites that hold the 1.1.4 repos are no longer all online (discontinued)
  5. Zwerg Nase

Zwerg Nase New Member

Well, you edited your post and I completely don't understand what your trying to say

Please Register or Log in to view images

Really, that is hard for me, I tried to install SSH when jailbreaking with iLiberty, but it wasn't able to download that. But I thought that was just for Cydia (as declared there), not for Installer.
    So, you think everything will be easier for me if I buy the 2.1.2 update?!
    So if there ARE apps for 1.1.4, how the hack do I get them, if not with Installer?!