Problem with jailbreak 1.1.2 ? - DON'T OVERLOOK THIS!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by eodoc, Nov 15, 2007.

1. eodoc

eodoc New Member

Hi all, I had spent days trying to get the 1.1.2 jailbreak to work and was about to take a hammer to my iPhone when I came accross a post on this forum from Doessing concerning the problem with an inappropriate folder name in which the jailbreak.jar file might be contained.

If you get your iPhone downgraded to 1.1.1, installed Oktoprep, then upgraded back to 1.1.2 and then get the iPhuc error when you go to run the jailbreak.jar then this is your lucky day to have found this post.

If you are a Mac user, the whole problem arises from the fact that when you dowload the zipped Jailbreak from Conceited Software the Mac will automatically unzip the file into a directory simply called "1". Why the people at Conceited Software chose to do this I do not understand because nobody is going to leave the folder under that name because its too generic and does not describe what is in the folder. The natural tendency is to rename the folder to "Jailbreak 1.1.2" and that is where the problem starts. If you try to run jailbreak.jar in a folder with a name like this it will not work. I guess the periods in the folder name are causing a problem with the running of the app. I wonder how many people out there have had this problem and would have never thought it was something so simple as to just change the name of the folder in which the Jailbreak.jar file was in. After renaming the folder to "Jailbreak112", I simply double clicked on the Jailbreak.jar file and it worked perfectly. I finally have a 1.1.2 Jailbroken iPhone!

Even though Doessing had posted this useful hint in another thread I thougth it deserved its own thread to increase visibility so that others could save themselves from the hours of headaches that I had to go through. Hope others can find this useful as well. THANK YOU DOESSING!
  2. kermit

kermit New Member

Probably the space after Jailbreak rather than the . caused the problem.