Problem with iPod Touch 3G. Help?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by IRON-MAN2910, Oct 20, 2010.

1. IRON-MAN2910

IRON-MAN2910 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok, I've jailbroken so many iPods I can't even count that high... but now I tried to jailbreak an iPod Touch 3G 32GB with limera1n. It was on fw 3.1.3. The jailbreak seemed to work fine, came up with the limera1n logo but then it did not boot up properly and since then i cannot restore it in any way and i've tried many things, though I couldn't find a lot of info about specifically this problem but i tried everything i could find about restoring bricked ipods. Please help! Any suggestions appreciated!

edit: forgot to say; when i try to restore in itunes to 4.1 (doesn't let me go to 3.1.3) the progress bars on the iPod and in itunes both go up to about 99% and they just stop and if i try to close itunes, it says that it can't close because it is restoring the iPod. Hope this is useful info.
  2. n0va

n0va Banned

Limera1n is only for 4.1 buddy. plug it in, and your gonna need to put it in dfu mode; hold the power button for 2 seconds, keep holding it and start holding the home button aswell for about 10 seconds and then let go of the power button (keep holding the home button) for about 20 more seconds or until itunes recognizes it. Restore and update to 4.1 and jailbreak with limera1n
  3. IRON-MAN2910

IRON-MAN2910 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thnx "buddy". I know the problem probably started because i forgot to update it to 4.1 before jailbreaking it. I have tried restoring to 4.1 from dfu mode and no luck. This was one of the first things i tried. like i said i've done jailbreaking many many times, i know a lot of ways to solve problems but none of them have worked yet.
  4. IRON-MAN2910

IRON-MAN2910 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    FIXED IT!!!! XD I left it plugged into my laptop "restoring" for about a day and when I got home I checked it and it came up with a "0x8000065" error which gave some joy because it was an improvement. So I tried to restore it one more time but this time on my desktop which didnt have iTunes on cuz its strictly for gaming so I put iTunes on it and restored the iPod. Worked like a charm!

Please Register or Log in to view images

So as a conclusion, the BEST way to fix an iDevice: DO NOT give up hope! It's impossible to "brick" them so just keep trying, I've been trying to restore this damned thing over and over for days and it finally worked! Thnx again for trying to help n0va

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Airion

Airion Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    It IS possible, just SSH and delete everything.
  6. It4Ch1

It4Ch1 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So you can't do anything after that? even try to install any iOS? interesting..
  7. IRON-MAN2910

IRON-MAN2910 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This would require som1 to be very stupid so I didn't count that lol.