Problem with iPod Touch 2G + XP = Bluescreen Error! :-(

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Gaborel, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Gaborel

Gaborel New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey Folks I'm Raphael, my problem is, that each time whenever I try to connect my iPod Touch 2G a Blue Screen appears and after that my PC shuts down.
    Does anyone of you know how to fix that?

Please Register or Log in to view images

I would be glad, if there`s a reply or some response from you coz I'm going crazy if I can't use my Laptop or iPod anymore!!

!

Thank you!

2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes. I think this was an issue with an early version of iTunes 8
  3. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Moved to Tech Help for ya.
  4. jessikur

jessikur Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Blue screens upon plugging up a device sounds hardware related. Are your usb drivers up to date and have you tried different ports? If you have a different computer, have you tried this? It could be a conflict hmm.. do you have camera stuff installed?

Sorry if that's disorganized.. I'm just trying to figure it out.
  5. 0o0Jellybean0o0

0o0Jellybean0o0 New Member

omg!! finally sum1 tht has the same problem. Im about to go 2 work but in short i got my 2nd gen itouch around a month ago which workd fine an i loved it (except my wall charger no longer worked) then about 2 weekz in wen i pluggd it in my laptop (toshiba satallite pro A100 PsAAAA windows Xp, itunes 8) went black and froze as soon/ slightly b4 it displayd the "device found" pop up. even if i disconnectd it it stayd frozen and black. have tryd various things to fix it including BIOS update version 6.00, reinstall itunes, different usb ports and there has been no change xcept afta i did the BIOS i startd gettin the BSOD and physical dump. my laptop workz fine (except for the dvd drive which there has always been a problem wth, pretty sure unrelated, which plays sum dvds and all cdz) basically im faced wth havin 2 get it all refurbishd at huge expense which majy not solve the problem. Getting desperate here, and wall charger still hasnt arrived!! plz help !!!!

also i have tryd itouch in otha compz which workz fine an hav tried an iphone in my comp an same thing happens (although tht was b4 the BIOS)

thx