Problem with Ipod possibly Ziphone

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by nickels412, May 25, 2008.

1. nickels412

nickels412 New Member

I have been looking around the forums and i assume my problem is from ziphone i just need some suggestions as to how to fix it.

I was using my jailbroken 1.1.4 16 GB ipod touch and i installed gpsphone. While the package was installing, installer suddenly crashed. I looked around on my ipod for the app but it was no where to be found. I opened installer and it said that gpsphone had already been installed. The app hadn't showed up however so i decided to restart the ipod to see if it showed up then.

I turned the ipod back on, and it showed the apple for a bit and then this white text came up on the screen and has been there since:

Single user boot -- fsck not done
    Root device is mounted read-only

If you want to make modifications to files:

/sbin/fsck -fy
    /sbin/mount -uw /

If you wish to boot the system:
    exit

AppleMRVL868x: Firmware loaded.
    Apple MRVL868x Hardware details:
    Firmware version: 8.108.3.p65 (0x41086c03)
    I/O Version: 0x0002
    Hardware Version: 0x0012
    mac Address: 001:1e:c2:64:4f:69#

*everynow and then white text scrolls down the screen and the above returns.

I jailbroke my ipod using ziphone about 2 or 3 months ago and this suddenly happened. I have not tried to restore it yet because i want to avoid losing my several pages of apps/theme etc.

Please only people who know what they are talking about and thank you in advance for your answers.

Ok so i was able to force restore the ipod and im going to rejailbreak it with ziphone. thanks
  2. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

i think the error its actually because the installation was interrupted.... so i think u would need to restore and rejailbreak (easiest way out) the other one is to IF u still have SSH access to your ipod is to go and find anything that was installed for gsphone and erase them ...
  3. nickels412

nickels412 New Member

OK so i tried WinSCP and i dont have SSH access anymore. Itunes will not pick up the ipod either so i can't restore it. any suggestions?
  4. AsusV

AsusV New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have the same problem

Please Register or Log in to view images

iTunes doesn't see my iPod when I connect him to the pc.
    Can I undo this?
  5. mrgas2004

mrgas2004 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    if ziphone will pick it up then put it into DFU mode and if not then do a manual DFU mode by holding the home and the sleep wake button at the same time if its rolling texts and u cannot simply turn it off then u have to plug it into itunes while holding the home button
  6. AsusV

AsusV New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks man, i'm gonna try that.