Problem with Ipod after jailbreak please help

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Emmanuel grinda, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Emmanuel grinda

Emmanuel grinda New Member

Hello I got a 16gb Ipodtouch. And I put the jailbreak on it with version 1.1.1 but just recently I decided to update my ipod to v1.1.4 but forgot to restore it before. And now nothing seems to work:
    - My ipod is no longer recognizable in itunes. (so when I plug it in, nothing happens)
    - Whenever I open music, the window opens up and then closes after a few seconds. Same with video and itunes.
    I really don't know what to do, I tried pretty much everything, I restored it. I pressed hold and menu.... Could anyone help???

Thanks!!
  2. Ryan2G

Ryan2G New Member

This should work.
    1. Press and hold the home button and the sleep/wake button. (the power off option will appear, ignore it)
    2. When the apple logo appears let go of the sleep/wake button (keep holding the home button.)
    3. After a few seconds you should see the connect to iTunes image (you can now let go of the home button.)
    4. Open iTunes .
    5. iTunes should automatically recognize your iPod once the image comes up, if not unplug your iPod and plug it back in.
    6. Restore your iPod by clicking the "Restore" button.
    I got this from AlexRADL. Search the forum when you need something before you make a topic, and thanks.
  3. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Also, update to 2.2, not 1.1.4.