Problem With Installer Help!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by bosoxfan1, Feb 5, 2008.

1. bosoxfan1

bosoxfan1 New Member

so the other day i encountered a problem with my installer i was having problems downloading and installing apps, it would kick me out of installer during mid download. so i thought i would refresh the sources and try it again i did that now it wont even let me open installer at all. so i thought i would just factory restore it and just re jailbreak it(btw the jailbreak i did was to downgrade to 1.1.1 and use jailbreakme.com) but when i went to do it it asked me to restore and update and thats not what i wanted to do because i was afraid if i upgrade to 1.1.3 it would tell i was jailbroken and brick my IpoT my question is is there anything i can do to my installer or my IpoT without unjailbreaking it or is there anything i can do to restore it without updating to 1.1.3? or if i have to update it to 1.1.3 will it brick?

PLEASE HELP!!!!
  2. bosoxfan1

bosoxfan1 New Member

bump please help!!!
  3. bosoxfan1

bosoxfan1 New Member

Bump!!!!!!!!
  4. bosoxfan1

bosoxfan1 New Member

how come no one wants to reply to this post or help? just curious cuz i thought people were helpful on this site
  5. macmasterhacker

macmasterhacker New Member

This happens because ur iPod has to partitions and one is the music (biggest) and one is the software (300 mb) when you download apps on installer it will go into that 300 mb partition that only has about 50 mb availible. To fix this download BossTool and click Free Disk Space The Relocate applications.

Please Register or Log in to view images

This will move ur applications to the bigger partiton equaling more downloading!
  6. bosoxfan1

bosoxfan1 New Member

i cant even open installer to do that though that the problem
  7. bosoxfan1

bosoxfan1 New Member

bump please please help!!!!
  8. ajg.dude

ajg.dude New Member

i had that problem too.
    what you do is, go access your ipods files through winscp or cuteFTP, whatever. then go to /Applications and get rid of the installer folder. Then download and install the installer app manually, there is a download for it somewhere on the forum. set all permissions to 755, and try it out. it worked for me. if it doesnt work, then you'll have to restore and jailbreak your ipod again, im afraid.
  9. bosoxfan1

bosoxfan1 New Member

if I restore it asks me to update as well and I don't want to brick my iPot will that happen? or is. there any way I can restore without updating to 1.1.3? cuz have no problem restoring then rejailbreaking. thanks for the replies.
  10. bosoxfan1

bosoxfan1 New Member

bump!!!!!! !!