Problem with installer after 1.1.4 jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by scon484, Mar 16, 2008.

1. scon484

scon484 New Member

I just used ziphone 2.6 to jailbreak my 8 gig ipod touch. when i go to installer and try to get any programs it doesnt work. it says error package download failed! i am unsure to why this is appearing. also i have installer 3.0 and it doesnt list any updates even though i know for a fact that there is an update. any help would be greatly apppreciated.
  2. theloniousdre

theloniousdre New Member

i have the same problem as u, have been downgradin and upgradin versions all day and seems like installer is messin up on only 1.1.3 and 1.1.4. seems like u can download certain things but wen u click on one file with an error then u cant download anything else because that same error pops up, so u have to keep rebootin ur ipod. Alot of bugs on installer with the newer firmwares.
  3. scon484

scon484 New Member

so do you know of any ways around it cuz ive been workin on this sh*t the last two days and really want to get summerboard and the iphone apps installed
  4. Lensflare

Lensflare New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I'd say downgrade. I am stuck with 1.1.4, and I can't find the firmware/it won't let me downgrade.
  5. scon484

scon484 New Member

how do i go about doing that
  6. scon484

scon484 New Member

ok guys i have fixed the problem

here are the instructions
    1) plug in your ipod via usb
    2)open ziphone
    3)click show advanced features
    4)click fix nvram
    5)your ipod will go into what appears to be restore mode, just let it do its thing, then once it finishes up click installer then update the installer

you should now be good to go