Problem With Install

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by joenot443, Feb 3, 2009.

1. joenot443

joenot443 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ok, here's the deal. Yesterday I decided to jailbreak my iPod Touch 2G. On my laptop (the computer I'm on now) I followed the instructions, however when I ran an iRecovery command, I got the "side by side configuration" error. I looked it up and it said I needed Visual Studio 2008 C++ Distributable package (or something along those lines.) Anyway, I ran the installer and it hung at the very end, with something about "publishing product information" I left it for four hours as I went out for dinner, but when I came back it was still hanging. I pressed cancel and it hung for another hour at which time i decided to kill the task in taskmanager. I restarted my computer but now unfortunately, when I run the installer, it seems to think that its completely installed and I'm left with the option of "Repair" or "Uninstall". When I choose either one of those the Windows pops up telling me setup.exe has stopped working and the setup window reads : Another installation is already in progress. Complete that installation before running another.

I already checked Task Manager and no other instances of any sort of install program are running. Additionally, I followed the instructions on my desktop and it worked so my ipod is jailbroken but I would like to be able to restore the jailbreak on my laptop should my ipod crash or run out of batterys. Sorry for the long post, any help is appreciated.

-Joe
  2. itouchuser08

itouchuser08 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    hi

i can help
  3. joenot443

joenot443 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ok, what do you suggest?