Problem with Headphones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chris887, Mar 23, 2009.

1. chris887

chris887 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Hi,
    I have a problem with my iPhone! If I plug in any headphones only the left sides work. I found out that both sides work when I put the plug halfway through!
    Does anyone else have this problem?

I think I have to send it to a repair service!?
  2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Is this the factory Apple iPhone earphones (with the mic)?

I've had some issues with other headphones doing the same thing, but got used to it. My Apple earbuds seem to work just fine. I believe it has something to do with the third connector piece used for the mic.
  3. chris887

chris887 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I tried it with the original headset and another one! Got the same problem with both of them, but the (original) headset worked fine for me using it with my computer.

Is this a repairable defect?
  4. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Would you send it in for repair or just take it in to the Apple Store?

I am guessing either will end up getting you a new (refurbished) iPhone. The only issue I see with that is that you may end up getting an iPhone on the latest baseband (not sure if that matters to you though).
  5. chris887

chris887 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I called Apple today and I think I am going to send the iPhone to them!
    And, YES, that baseband thing matters to me, but isn't there a possibilty to downgrade that?
    Maybe it is possible to set it back via Settings? But that could be too easy!?
  6. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You can't downgrade your baseband.
  7. iatmyhome

iatmyhome Banned

i have the same problem i got my new iphone yestreday but the orginal headset had some little problem when i pulg in my phone there even had some noise i was confused but the headset worked well on the computer so i send the headset to the iphone service i don't know why i have this problem
  8. chris887

chris887 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)

But I can use a Rebel Turbosim to unlock?
  9. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

If you want to get your iPhone fixed send it in...

Worst case is that you get one back that has the latest firmware and like Achy9 mentioned you cannot downgrade it (you can downgrade the version but it won't change the modem firmware) and you'll have a locked phone.

The various SIM cards are supposed to work but I have not tried one personally. I have not heard good things about them but it might be your only option until 3.0 is released and the Dev Team works their magic. If you use it just make sure to follow the directions (no 3G, no airplane mode, etc...).

Good luck!
  10. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Like DrewGzy said, the sim cards that unlock are the only option you have if your baseband is 02.30.03. I've seen a couple of them on eBay for $12, and they say that it even works with 3G. I do not know if they work or not, your best bet would be trying them.