iOS 4.1 Problem with Greenpoison on MC model

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Easy_listener, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Easy_listener

Easy_listener New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Just downloaded RC4 today. Installed, went through the steps and successfully booted up my ipt2g MC. I then clicked the "loader" app to install Cydia.

And well, what do you know, my iPod locked on me just as I was in the process of downloading Cydia. Now when i try click its icon, it does nothing. If I try to install Cydia again through the loader icon. It just says "Cydia is already installed".

Any help would be appreciated. I would like to avoid doing a restore if possible (seeing how I have half of my ipod filled up already), but if it must be done, then so be it.
  2. SeaJay

SeaJay New Member

If it doesn't work after a reboot, heres a nice little tip I have to keep all of your stuff.

(If you're on windows) Shift click UPGRADE in itunes, and select the 4.1 firmware, this will get rid of limera1n and cydia but keep everything else that is "naturally added" to your ipod.
  3. Easy_listener

Easy_listener New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well, it didn't work after reboot (the cydia icon is still dead). Looks like I'll have to download 4.1, which will take about 20 minutes.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will work.
  4. SeaJay

SeaJay New Member

It will, I hated losing data and I would upgrade from 3.1.3 to 3.1.3 all the time, 4.1 beta to 4.0, if you hit upgrade instead of restore (and you're on the same firmware type, you can't go from iOS4 to 3.X) on any 4.0, 4.1, 4.0.2 you keep all your data but just lose your jailbreak data. One of my personal tricks to being lazy about re-adding all my sh*t.
  5. Easy_listener

Easy_listener New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Okay, the download is done. I went to iTunes and navigate to the panel for my iPod, and there is a button called "restore". I shift click it, and selected the 4.1 file. A message pops up and it says something along the lines of "this will erase and restore your iPod to iOS 4.1".

Before I go ahead with this, are you sure this won't erase my data? I just need to reset the firmware to the stock 4.1, that is all. Jailbreaking it again would take less than five minutes, but transferring all my stuff there would be a pain in the back since it would take over half an hour.
  6. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    It will erase your data.
  7. Land of Pi

Land of Pi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It will erase and when it is done you restore your backed up files.
  8. SeaJay

SeaJay New Member

Bro. There is also a button called update. Shift click on that.

*facepalm*
  9. pyro33

pyro33 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    PLEASE HELP!!!! I have a itouch 3g 8gb on a 4.1 firmware. an i can't figure out how to jailbreak it. i tried limera1n, blackra1n, redsn0n, green pois0n... i can't break it. please can someone tell me how to jailbreak a itouch 3g 8gb mc model running on 4.1!!!!!!
  10. TXF001

TXF001 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Greenp0ison jailbroke my 2g mc just fine..