Problem with downgrading

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by spooke, Feb 16, 2008.

1. spooke

spooke New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey guys, i just got my ipod touch today, 8gb, 1.1.2 and im trying to downgrade to 1.1.1 i have found a tutorial, and i shift click update on itunes and select the 1.1.1 file and it sat there saying preparing ipod for update and then it just failed and said somthing like could not update ipod, my ipod is fine but i cant seem to downgrade it, sorry if this has been asked before but i couldnt find anything in search can anyone help me please....
    thanks
  2. Redshift

Redshift New Member

You can't update to a lower version. You need to shift+click "Restore" and then select the 1.1.1 firmware version.

If it gives you an error, then you'll need to force it into recovery mode. To do this, plug it into the computer, and open up iTunes. Next, hold down the sleep and home button until you see the iPod disappear off of iTunes, when this happens stop pressing the sleep button, but KEEP pressing the home button until it is visible in iTunes again. It should now be in restore mode, and you can restore to any version without error by shift+clicking the "Restore" button.

I hope this helps you.
  3. spooke

spooke New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ahhh kk i will try that, but on the tutorial it said update :S thanks
    Umm im kinda confused here, in the video he says shift click on check for updates, locates the file clicks ope and ya, but ur saying to shift click restore and find the file?
  4. Redshift

Redshift New Member

It's the same thing, except it restores the entire iPod then installs the firmware. When you jailbreak 1.1.1 and then want to go back to 1.1.2 with oktoprep installed, that is when you shift+click upgrade.
  5. spooke

spooke New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    OK thanks! trying it now hope it works

Please Register or Log in to view images

lol sorry i dont want to brick my ipod

Woo it worked thanks!!!
  6. Redshift

Redshift New Member

You're welcome, glad it worked.