Problem with DevTeam 1.1.2 Jailbreak and ppc mac?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by charlie82, Nov 12, 2007.

1. charlie82

charlie82 New Member

I have noticed a possible problem with the ipod touch DevTeam Jailbreak and (perhaps) ppc macs.

When you try to run the osx java jar says: "cannot connect to your device: please plug your ipod/iphone into your computer/ If youre still having trouble, restart the computer, reconnect the device and try again"

While if you try the "1.1.2 old steps" method with the DevTeam ppc iphuc, you notice that the ipod is correctly recognized and connected.
  2. kermit

kermit New Member

Same problem here. I can run ./iphuc.ppc, connect and navigate the iPod file system.
    But I get the same message as you trying to run the .jar.

I gave up on trying for hours to run this on my Mac. Loaded iTunes and Java Runtime on my old PC running XP. The Jailbreak ran without a hitch.

OSX 10.5 G5 PPC

Donald
  3. sorensen_dk

sorensen_dk New Member

I got the exact same problem as you describe. No matter how i jailbreak the ipod (iJailbreak, jailbreakme.com) with or without itunes open, with or without restoring the stuff itunes backed up before the forced restore to 1.1.1.

My last attempt I installed the octoprep on a clean jailbreak from jailbreakme.com and after the 1.1.2 update the new jailbreak software can't find the touch even though it can connect if i just run the iphuc.ppc in terminal.

Perhaps it dosn't know what to do on a ppc mac? i can't figure it out.

Please help
  4. bmonzing

bmonzing New Member

Hey guys, I was having the same trouble on an Intel Mac. Check out this post. Maybe it'll work for you.
  5. sorensen_dk

sorensen_dk New Member

thx for the tip, but it still dosn't work for me

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Lyrad

Lyrad New Member

Same here. My computer (G4 10.5) just doesn't recognize my Ipod Touch being plugged in. I tried every possible thing, but it just won't work.
  7. krisddd

krisddd New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Did you guys try restarting like it said. i had the problem but when i restarted everything worked fine.
    sidenote: first post and thanks to everyone who contributed to the 1.1.2 jailbreak. i have it up and running perfectly
  8. Lyrad

Lyrad New Member

Yes, I restarted with the device plugged in and plugged out, but it still won't recognize the Ipod Touch.
  9. krisddd

krisddd New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    if the java jar doesnt recognize it, does itunes at least recognize it? if so, i would just restore to 1.1.1 then try again

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. Lyrad

Lyrad New Member

Yes, iTunes recognizes it. Just the Java applet doesn't. I'm beginning from scratch again, maybe I forgot something.