Problem with cute ftp/ws_ftp, connecting to ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by krzcracka1, Oct 20, 2007.

1. krzcracka1

krzcracka1 New Member

let me start off that I have searched around the forums with phrases like "access to ipod touch" "ftp into ipod touch," "cute ftp profession problems," "firewall issues," etc.

As per the video, I download cute ftp pro from download.com, installed it, opened it, and typed in the i.p address for my ipot(i checked it, it hasnt changed.) i then click next, and i type in the correct username and correct password.

i press enter, it says "connecting" for a bit, then spits back an error message that says that the username/password is not correct.

i then tried this same procedure with ws_ftp, and it said that there is a connection failure. it says "connecting to (my ipot ip)" then below it is says "connection failure" or something alone those lines.

let me briefly summarize what i have done to my computer. i have eliminated any security blockers on my wireless network(through my wireless router, through windows). i have made sure that all apple programs(ipod service, itunes, apple mobile device program) processes are halted.

anybody have any suggestions? i think i have covered all my bases, but if there is any doubt, mentioning it might be a huge help.
  2. bklynsoulja

bklynsoulja New Member

change yur port to 21 or 22
  3. krzcracka1

krzcracka1 New Member

change the port to 21 or 22 within cuteftp?
  4. krzcracka1

krzcracka1 New Member

ok, thanks. i used winscp and now it works. i guess i was moving through the connection wizard too quickly and didnt realize i had it set to ftp.

i have another issue...that is for a different thread though!

thanks again