Problem with Boss Tools caused by Poof? help please

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by eriito, Jul 23, 2008.

1. eriito

eriito New Member

Missing Applications caused by Poof?

I recently updated my firmware from 1.1.4 to 1.1.5 and as such had to re-jailbreak(using ZiPhone) my ipod touch and am having problems re-installing many applications that were once installed.
    I was installing applications from Installer just fine until I realised that applications such as Boss Tools isn't available for me in the list of applications (yes I searched and have added the appropriate sources).
    After taking a look through my iPod and installing several other applications including Poof I realised that in my list of hidden icons was Boss Tools and several other applications with blank icons (applications from my 1.1.4 firmware before I lost them through the 1.1.5 update). Everytime I try to remove an application/icon from the hidden icons list, it automatically changes back and I am unable to get them running.

I've checked Installer to see if I could uninstall Boss Tools (or any of these other applications), but they aren't on the list, and neither am I able to download them through Installer. I'm having so much trouble with this... and I really don't know what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Problem solved. Backed up applications with iPranks, restored to 1.1.5, rejailbroke with ZiPhone. Restored with iPranks.
  2. zr-

zr- Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That thing with the 1.1.4 to 1.1.5 update was about the same thing that happened to me.. and I almost bricked my iTouch lol
    I'm trying to fix it right now by unistalling some of the apps by SSHing..
    but I can't find the apps..they were relocated by BossTools
  3. j0nathan0wnz

j0nathan0wnz New Member

Okay so all u have to do is add the source
    ipodtouched.net/repo.xml
    then look for the iPod touched package and add the compatibility patch
    this makes ur iPod FW look like a 1.1.3 allowing u to download mostly everything