Problem with Boss Tools caused by Poof? help please

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by eriito, Jul 23, 2008.

1. eriito

eriito New Member

Jul 8, 2008

I recently updated my firmware from 1.1.4 to 1.1.5 and as such had to re-jailbreak(using ZiPhone) my ipod touch and am having problems re-installing many applications that were once installed.
    I was installing applications from Installer just fine until I realised that applications such as Boss Tools isn't available for me in the list of applications (yes I searched and have added the appropriate sources).
    After taking a look through my iPod and installing several other applications including Poof I realised that in my list of hidden icons was Boss Tools and several other applications with blank icons (applications from my 1.1.4 firmware before I lost them through the 1.1.5 update). Everytime I try to remove an application/icon from the hidden icons list, it automatically changes back and I am unable to get them running.

I've checked Installer to see if I could uninstall Boss Tools (or any of these other applications), but they aren't on the list, and neither am I able to download them through Installer. I'm having so much trouble with this... and I really don't know what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Problem solved. Backed up applications with iPranks, restored to 1.1.5, rejailbroke with ZiPhone. Restored with iPranks.
  2. zr-

zr- Member

Jul 25, 2008
    That thing with the 1.1.4 to 1.1.5 update was about the same thing that happened to me.. and I almost bricked my iTouch lol
    I'm trying to fix it right now by unistalling some of the apps by SSHing..
    but I can't find the apps..they were relocated by BossTools
  3. j0nathan0wnz

j0nathan0wnz New Member

Jul 29, 2008
    Okay so all u have to do is add the source
    then look for the iPod touched package and add the compatibility patch
    this makes ur iPod FW look like a 1.1.3 allowing u to download mostly everything