iOS 3.1 Problem with Blackra1n jailbreak

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Homo_Novus, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Homo_Novus

Homo_Novus New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So I've jailbroken iPods plenty before and never encountered any major problems, but I was trying to jailbreak this guy's 8GB iPod Touch 2G for him tonight (using Blackra1n) and I fully restored and updated his iPod beforehand, but when I clicked "Make it ra1n", it said that it would be complete after the iPod reboots, as usual, but the iPod wouldn't reboot. It didn't do anything. I tried this several times, restored it all over again, tried running blackra1n twice, etc. but it won't jailbreak. :/ Any insight is muchly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Please Register or Log in to view images

-Ashley
  2. apple10

apple10 Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Check the firmware. If it is 3.1.2, run blackra1n to jailbreak. Wait until it says Congrats or something on your Computer. The rerun Blackra1n if your iPod has not turned on yet. If 3.1.3 click here or here
  3. Homo_Novus

Homo_Novus New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Oohh, really? It doesn't support 3.1.3? K, that's my problem. Thanks so much!

4. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

There are sticky threads up at the top of this forum. They tell you only redsn0w supports 3.1.3 on the non-3G devices. Blackra1n itself states only support for 3.1.2 and 3.1.1, and is no longer updated. That's why you don't see posts here advising people to use blackra1n for 3.1.2, which was an idiot-trap firmware release.
  5. apple10

apple10 Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    You're welcome!

6. Archangeldawn

Archangeldawn New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have read about 30 pages from the blackra1n discussion thread and I have not found a solution to this problem of the Ipod Touch not rebooting once blackra1n states to do so. I have ran blackra1n twice and it does not reboot (the screen on the Ipod Touch stays black)

I have a 1G 8GB touch 3.1.2firmware on an Itunes 8.2.1.6
    Windows XP SP2

I will try restoring again..and try it again.. but if anyone has any tips, they are greatly appreciated
  7. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    try uninstalling blackra1n? and get the latest version? maybe? i don't know? or try updating your iTunes.
  8. m0in

m0in Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah, check if you have Blackra1n RC3
  9. Archangeldawn

Archangeldawn New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    indeed I do have Blackra1n RC3
    When I click "make it rain" , it goes into recovery mode and I see the USB to I tunes logo, then Blackra1n states "running". After that I get the congrats message and I click ok. Blackra1n RC3 states "done, wait for reboot"
    But that reboot never comes 0_o
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    OMG
    I finally got this Blackra1n to work.
    I think two of my issues was
    1. I had to reconfigure my wifi settings to have internet access
    2. I updated itunes from 8.2.1.6 to the newest 9.0.3.15

Although since I didn't configure my wifi settings during itunes 8.2.1.6 updating itunes may or may not have been a cause of staying stuck at the blackra1n reboot screen.

I had tried running Blackra1n on its own after itunes 8.2.1.6 seem not to be working with Blackra1n. But after setting my wifi settings correctly and still nothing, I decided to try the new itunes 9.0.3.15 with Blackra1n and indeed the Geohot Blackra1n splash screen appeared on my Ipod touch, and then the congrats message came, told me to wait for reboot, and within 1-2 minutes it rebooted !!
    I saw the blackrain app already on the Ipod touch and proceeded to install Cydia.

Everything successful on a 1st Generation Ipod Touch 8GB firmware 3.1.2