Problem with AIM

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by rohit92, Jul 12, 2008.

1. rohit92

rohit92 New Member

Hey guys,
    I did the upgrade to 2.0 after being a little skeptical, but now, I am glad I did. The only problem is that I having some trouble with AIM on the iPod touch. In the beginning, it works out fine after installing it, however, there are problems later on. After a while, when I press the AIM icon, it asks me to say my status, but the screen is locked and it flashes back to the home screen. Any ideas? Should I restore my iPod and try to do it again... It would not really bother me. What do you guys think?
  2. Ryu Hitokiri

Ryu Hitokiri New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Try deleting it and redownloading it, that's the only advice I have.
  3. rohit92

rohit92 New Member

I tried that... And when I did, it says something like: You have already paid for this item. Would you like to download it again?... I said yes, and initially it works. However, it freezes up later on.
  4. tipii

tipii New Member

Ok im pretty sure its crashing because either

1. It cant connect to wifi
    2. It cant connect to the AIM server

If it cant connect it will crash.
  5. crazyvisionz

crazyvisionz New Member

hey rohit im having the same problem...from what i read from the reviews it has nothing to do with your ipod, aim is just buggy as heck and just seems to crash after running in the background..if you leave aim open it should run fine but if you close it and reopen then it goes crazy.
  6. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    im having a problem with my aim app when i click on it a pop up says aim app cannot be opened. Im reinstalling it to see if that helps