Problem with 2G Speakers

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by steelen, Oct 15, 2008.

1. steelen

steelen New Member

Just to let everyone know there is a possible problem with the Ipod Touch 2G speaker. I had mine for around 4 days when the speaker suddenly stopped woring for music, video, keyboard clicks, sleep etc, though still makes alarm noises.

Have tried a full restore, DFU mode, the works but no joy. Also tried the plugging / unplugging of headphones, docks etc (that seem to be a fix for the iPhone), pressing button combinations etc - you name it I've tried it.

The only possible cause I can come up with is I have a Ipod compatible car stereo with an Ipod dock connector (Imagine my happiness to discover that the 2G does not support charging from the connector - now having to look at the Scosche Passport). I used it a few times with no problem, but after the last time the speaker stopped working (purely coincidence?)

Anyway as I write my new toy is winging it's way back to Apple for replacement much to my annoyance, as already my old Touch looks jaded and tired

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thought I would alert the community to the situation, as I'm not the first, and probably not the last.........
  2. carri07

carri07 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    thanks... i was using the same thing back for a while.. i ll be sure to change it now
  3. redline23

redline23 New Member

i just bought one and i have the same problem... back to the store i guess...
  4. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    omg!!! that is what you'll get for upgrading the "Gren-Product" iPod!!! now i cant wait till apple Actully put the REAL speakers on them junk!!!
  5. jessikur

jessikur Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    lol @ that guy. Wtf.