problem with 1.1.4!!!! Help Asap

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by htdevane, Mar 24, 2008.

1. htdevane

htdevane New Member

I just upgraded to a jailbroken 1.1.4 using the ziphone app and now when I go to iTunes, it doesn't even recognize my touch, I seArched but idk if they have the same problem, it brings up itunes and charges but it doesn't have the iPod name on the side could someone help me immediately on what I have to do
  2. ryanmct

ryanmct New Member

Try plugging it into a different USB port. If that doesn't work force-restore with power+home buttons and restore your ipod.
  3. Unknown-Guy

Unknown-Guy New Member

I had that problem, I restored.
    Hold standby+home.
    iPod shuts down, apple logo appears, let go of stanby, wait for connect to iTunes logo to appear. Restore. Ogh yeah forgot to mention u must be connected to your PC.
    Rejailbreak.

Don't use ASAP, it just pissed ppl off.
  4. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Actually itunes not recognizing is an itunes problem, not ipot. just try a different USB port, if that doesn't work restart the computer. if that doesn't work reinstall itunes
  5. Unknown-Guy

Unknown-Guy New Member

Then why the hell did iTunes recognize my iPod after I restores????

Because before iTunes or the PC can recognize your iPod, your iPod has to send data through the USB to tell the PC that it's connected, and what to do.
    His iPod is not doing that so he has to restore.
  6. htdevane

htdevane New Member

yea i was jus thinkin that it wouldnt work if i switched the usb port because its reading something in order for it to be charging and for it to bring up itunes....but it doesnt have the device on the side.....
  7. htdevane

htdevane New Member

im in class right now and when i get out ima go home and try to restore it....but im holdin it now and when i try to restore it doesnt bring up the itunes connect screen....does it have to be connected to the computer???
  8. Unknown-Guy

Unknown-Guy New Member

Yes, it needs to be connected to the computer to force-restore. Just do it at home.
    And don't worry, that's a relativly common error easily fixed.
  9. htdevane

htdevane New Member

When I restore it even though iTunes doesn't find it what will it I after I restore?0
  10. shuft95

shuft95 Member

ok a really easy way to restore is turn off you ipod,hold the home button,plug ipod into computer!