Problem when compiling app

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by ipodgreatmaster, Feb 11, 2009.

1. ipodgreatmaster

ipodgreatmaster Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hello.
    This is my problem. I have free SDK, and i want to test my apps in the iphone. i have do many guides but no one was useful, because when i try to compile the app it shows the icon in the springboard but when you try to open it, says:

The application "x" cannot be opened

also it says on xcode:
    Error from Debbuger: Error launching remote program: security policy error

i read somewhere that to avoid this problem you just need to install a new app but it doesnt help

If i try to compile with open ssh it crashes two seconds after i open it

Someone can help me with this problems?
    Thanks and sorry about my bad english
  2. iPodTouchDev

iPodTouchDev New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Are you compiling for the Device? Because if your trying to run a Simulator compiled app on the device, it may produce that error.
  3. ipodgreatmaster

ipodgreatmaster Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yes. Im trying to compile for the device
  4. lauNchD

lauNchD Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    If you don't have an official Apple signature, you need to:
    • install a MobileInstallation patch onto your device and reboot
    • make a new key in your Info.plist file named "SignerIdentity" and set its value to "Apple iPhone OS Application Signing" (This will trick the SpringBoard into thinking you app is Apple-signed)
    • Create a non-official certificate (your app must be signed, even if it's not Apple's signature) with the Keychain app (see Apple article "Obtaining a Code-Signing Identity") and change the code-signing certificate in the Xcode build settings to the one you just created
    • Trick Xcode into not requiring provisioning profiles (official Apple Developer stuff). See iphonesdkdev.blogspot.com on how to do it

Then you can Build And Go, and the app will install like any other App Store app and you will be able to use all the Apple debug tools!

EDIT: This works only if you use the official Xcode tools. The good thing: you don't have to ldid your app, because Xcode automatically signs it every time with your very own signature.
  5. ipodgreatmaster

ipodgreatmaster Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I think that step is the problem. Can you help me with a guide or a link for that please?