Problem when applying Best Skins Ever

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ndrwzheng, Sep 25, 2010.

1. ndrwzheng

ndrwzheng New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hey, so you know how for invisible shields you need to use water, well some water vapors have gone inside my ipod itself. For a while, the backlight wasn't turning on, but under sunlight i could see the icons and stuff. Afterwards, the screen started flickering (the backlight), and now the screen is on.

However, now that the backlight is on, i noticed that there is water vapours in the iPod touch, especially in the screen and in the camera hole for the front facetime camera.

Any of you guys have this trouble as well?
  2. ChrisGonzales90

ChrisGonzales90 Banned

Device:
    iPad
    This is why you NEVER place the water directly on the device, but rather on a paper towel or even better a microfiber cloth and then wipe it.

You may need to get it replaced if it bugs you that much.
  3. micro_hard

micro_hard Active Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    How did you apply it? And did you put too much solution?
  4. ndrwzheng

ndrwzheng New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    So according to BSE's instructions, I took a little dish, filled it up with water and a tiny bit of soap, soaked it in the solution, let the excess solution drip, and then applied it.

I've done it before on my second gen iPod. However then the screen didn't work (the touch component, the screen display normally). This time the touchscreen works, but the backlight is having problems and you can see water in underneath the glass, and also on the facetime camera.
  5. micro_hard

micro_hard Active Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Water damaged - Excess solution has gone through holes and whatnot, when using the squegee to iron out the solution/bubbles you need to have a microfibre cloth (or some cloth that won't scratch your device) before it gets through the holes and edges
  6. ndrwzheng

ndrwzheng New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Dang that sucks... do you think the water will dry up inside though? Like the water droplets just evaporating and somehow escaping?
  7. ChrisGonzales90

ChrisGonzales90 Banned

Device:
    iPad
    It may or may not. Depends on how much got in it.

and I dobut that "bag of rice" thing would work given it sounds like its an internal problem.
  8. ndrwzheng

ndrwzheng New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Okay, well will Apple exchange it at least? Like they've got the 14 day return/exchange policy, and I just got mine today (I had the 8GB before from Future Shop, but I returned that and got this 32GB from Apple).

Do you know if Apple charges a restocking fee for an exchange? The iPod also heats up a lot as well
  9. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    You damaged it, it's a fraud to make Apple exchange it.
  10. ndrwzheng

ndrwzheng New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Then I could be saying it's unethical for Apple to make the backs of their iPods so vulnerable to scratches, thus forcing their consumers to purchase cases/protectors, including the invisibleshield.