[Problem] Vay

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by eXozza, Aug 12, 2008.

1. eXozza

eXozza Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I recently bought the rpg game "vay", and I am quite satisfied with it. I started playing yesterday, and played for like 2 hours. But then, when I had been in a cave collecting a diamond for the king of "Penang Castle", the game froze. It froze when I was at the door at the "Penang Castle". I was just going to walk in, but then Lance walked away and I cant do anything. It's been like this for the last hours. But it hasn't frozen completely, because I can see the torches burning on top of the castle. Can someone please help me? I dont know what to do! Is there a way to export the save-files? So I can reinstall the game, and put the old save-files back in.

(Btw, does anyone know about a client like "iPhonebrowser" for 2.0? Because I dont have wi-fi at home.)
  2. stewie2280

stewie2280 New Member

I dont know anything about Vay but you can use Total Commander and the t-pot plugin or DiskAid for USB file access...fyi i have had less problems with DiskAid but Total Commander has an easier to use interface
  3. BunnyBoy0817

BunnyBoy0817 New Member

Alright, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be able to help you, which makes me feel good

Please Register or Log in to view images

The same exact thing happened to me in a different room, and in order to be able to play the game again, you need to go into Settings.app > General > International > Language and change the System Language to Japanese (the one with 3 characters in the name.) This will change Vay (and everything else of course, temporarily) into Japanese and erase your last Auto-Save. You can now switch the System language back to English. Launch Vay and it will ask you which previously saved game you would like to load. Now you can play from the last time you manually saved and go wherever you were going.

That might of sounded like I was joking, but that's really how you solve the problem, because Vay has a Japanese language mode, and when switching into Japanese in the Settings.app it also switches Vay, which changes the languag and erases your auto-save.

All the best,
    Ace
  4. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

what? i never expierienced this problem when reaching penang. if anything, my ipod would crash after a long time of playing vay. all i did was close and reopen, and voila, im at the same spot.
  5. BunnyBoy0817

BunnyBoy0817 New Member

He is experiencing a rare bug where when entering a room your character walks off the screen and you can not load any past games, exiting and coming back will only bring to a screen which shows the place you walked into, without you on the screen. The solution I posted above will get him out of this problem and enable him to load his past manually saved game. Hopefully he saves often

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Lucca

Lucca New Member

It's not too rare! I've encountered it too! Only it was Leifang who ran up the stairs in Penang castle. I emailed SoMoGa and they gave me the same solution as the poster above.

The thing is...do you have the new patch? The new patch can let you exit a place without autosaving, so you automatically go to the load screen, which would bypass the problem altogether.
  7. Go Avalanche

Go Avalanche Banned

hmmm i dont have this problem :?