problem uploading mp4 files to gen 1 touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by emmulah, Dec 4, 2008.

1. emmulah

emmulah New Member

I just got my generation 1 Ipod Touch a few days ago. I'm so excited, because of the prospect of watching my MST3K episodes outside of the house. Photos upload fine, music uploads fine... but none of my videos do.

They were originally in AVI format, but I converted them all to mp4 (h.264) with a program called Pazera Free Video To Ipod Converter. I can upload them to iTunes, and they play just fine, but when I try to sync them to my iPod, it simply tells me that "they cannot be played on my iPod."

What's going on here?

Thank you in advance.
  2. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Try using just plain mp4, not h.264. I don't know if that makes sense, but the converter I use has an option for mp4 and for h.264, and when I use mp4 it works fine.
  3. -Kerrigan-

-Kerrigan- New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    A converter I use that works fine is Free Video Converter. You can download it for free
  4. emmulah

emmulah New Member

Thanks for your advice! IT turns out that if I upload the converted mp4's into itunes, I can THEN convert THOSE into m4v, and THAT works. But converting them straight into m4v doesn't... so I'm just going to have to be picky about which videos I want to sacrifice 7 hours of my day for. ^^