Problem upgrading 1.1.2 to 2.2

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by mozzza123, Jan 13, 2009.

1. mozzza123

mozzza123 New Member

I have recently bought an ipod touch 1st gen with 1.1.2 version and when i opened itunes i had a message to upgrade to version 2.2, which ive tried to do several times, but each time an error message appears (er =3259 ) zero kb of 248.2 mb also a message "problem downloading network connection timed out". Have never owned an ipod before so no idea what to do,any help much appreciated. Thanks
  2. crimsondynamo329

crimsondynamo329 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You may want to try ignoring that message and instead using the "Restore" button in iTunes to restore to 2.2 (instead of upgrading). That might make a difference because I doubt they expected anyone to still be on 1.1.2!
    If that doesn't work, then you might have to use DFU mode to restore to 2.2. Just post again with your results and I can link you to a DFU mode guide if needed
  3. mozzza123

mozzza123 New Member

Thanks for your reply, ive tried what you suggested and i still get the same error message
  4. crimsondynamo329

crimsondynamo329 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Are you on a pc? If so, try the program in post five to help you get into DFU mode, then restore in iTunes. If you have a mac, try this program (not mine so I can't upload t)
  5. mozzza123

mozzza123 New Member

Hi and thanks for the link, ive put the ipod into DFU mode and tried to restore, unfortunately the same error message appears, ive tried this twice but still no joy.
    Thanks again for your help.
    Chris.
  6. crimsondynamo329

crimsondynamo329 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Strange, DFU mode usually fixes all these kinds of problems. I'm just guessing here, but maybe you should try restoring to 1.1.3, 1.1.4 or 1.1.5, then try a 2.x upgrade. I'm not sure why that would help, but you might as well try...
    Can you restore back to 1.1.2 with no problems?
  7. mozzza123

mozzza123 New Member

I installed version 7.5 of itunes and did the DFU restore but it said i had the latest version software, so ive gone back to the latest version and tried again but the same message appears. And each time ive tried and turned the ipod back on, all the settings are the same as before. Beggining to think im not doing something right or ive got a dodgy ipod, or maybe its the network timeout problem and nothing to do with the ipod at all. Thanks for all your suggestions and help looks like ill have to use it as is.
  8. hiflyer

hiflyer Guest

I believe you need to upgrade your itunes to 8.02 for version 2.2 firmware
  9. mozzza123

mozzza123 New Member

Hi ive just installed the 8.02 version and tried to restore and now i still get the the same error message but this time i cant get out of recovery mode, i just get the itunes logo and a connector logo on my ipod and when i connect to itune it just says ipod in recovery mode.