Problem that could make me VERY sad

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Stickaz Ipod, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Stickaz Ipod

Stickaz Ipod New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hey guys,
    this is my first post on this website so please be kind,
    I am getting an ipod touch 2g in July but i am wondering do i NEED a credit card to download the free apps from the app store i have heard you need a credit card to make an account and you need an account to download the free apps but is it possible to download them without a credit card like, using an itunes gift card instead? i really want ttr and other various apps but me and all of my family do not have a credit card

thanks in advance, Stickaz Ipod
  2. newton1221

newton1221 New Member

if you just go onto itunes and try to purchase a free app, say ttr, then when you click on it, it will prompt you to set up an account, at which time there will be an option for no credit card, this is the only way you can do that though because if you try to set up the account first then it will require a credit card
  3. Stickaz Ipod

Stickaz Ipod New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    so, if i try to download the app then make an account i dont have to provide credit card details?
  4. newton1221

newton1221 New Member

that is correct, try to download a free app without an account and it will let you set one up without providing credit card details
  5. Stickaz Ipod

Stickaz Ipod New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    OHH awesome, thanks! I wasn't planning on buying any apps because free apps and jailbroken apps are enough for me! i feel happy now i will continue to buy an ipod touch and in july you will be hearing alot of nooby questions from me

Please Register or Log in to view images

thanks again!
  6. newton1221

newton1221 New Member

no problem, glad i could help