Problem Syncing with Ipod Touch... HELP!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Bleed, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Bleed

Bleed New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Every time I try to sync music and videos I always get these messages after a few seconds:

attempting to copy to the disk "Tom's Ipod" failed. The disk could not be read from or written to.

and

The iPod "Tom's Ipod" cannot be synced. The disk could not be read from or written to.

Anyone else having these problems? My firmware is 1.1.1 and my iTunes version is 7.5 I have USB 2.0 slots on my laptop and the required drivers. Anyone have solutions to this?
  2. BCS321

BCS321 New Member

I get that alot after it only copies a few songs. Its the computer not the iPod. Try on a different computer and it should work. Thats what I did. Its a conectivity problem with the computer.
  3. Bleed

Bleed New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Ok. I will def try that...
  4. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    For me, just closing and re-openning iTunes solves the problem, or at most restarting the computer.
  5. carly30

carly30 New Member

I am having the same exact problem. Have you foudn a solution. I have tried everything.
  6. Ollie

Ollie New Member

Plug away!

I have found that by using the USB port on the BACK of your computer, instead of the ones on the front face, makes all the difference.

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. unicorechoice

unicorechoice New Member

I have the exact problem, and it apparently is not iTunes fault as i have went through 4 updates and nothing. Really gay though, i have tried 5 different cables and 7 ports and nothing. really frustrating. should probably contact apple about this, not cool at all.
  8. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Have you tried restarting your computer?
  9. unicorechoice

unicorechoice New Member

yes i have, i just did pretty much 8 times actually, once i did it the first time and it didn't work i figured i would give it a shot in safe mode, not that i expected that to work at all, but then i realized booting into safe mode is not so possible, or probably just not as easy on my computer as I have grub loader for my ubuntu install, and suchforth, but anyways, I don't think itunes would run in safe mode anyways.

But anyways, let's try to figure out if there is some possible bug with this, or something, I first synced my ipod with a different computer, maybe that had something to do with it? anyone else with this problem do that?
  10. unicorechoice

unicorechoice New Member

ok, here is the thing. i have used tansee iphone to transfer all my musci from another computer to my computer, put it in my itunes and now want to sync it, so that i will be able to add new music easier. i transfered the music from my ipod to the computer no problem using tansee, so obviously there is no problem with the connection to the ipod. I am thinking it has something to do with ipod firmware, as it isn't itunes and isn't the connection. i am contemplating updating, assuming there is a way that you can keep it jailbroken, i thought i heard there was, maybe not, either way i will find it out by searching in five seconds. but that is what i am thinking must be the problem, i also closed all processes not necessary to see if anything was interfering, it actually helped, and i have now transfered 3.5 gigs of music to my ipod, after 4 attempts, so yeah, we will see.