problem syncing my ipod!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by brandoo, Mar 11, 2009.

1. brandoo

brandoo New Member

hi, i have a 1st gen. 16 gb touch. recently i updated my itunes and when i did that, everything on my ipod got wiped out. all my songs and movies are still on itunes though. now my ipod screen looks like what it did when i first bought it, and it is not syncing. when i plug my ipod in, nothing happens at all... does anyone have ideas what went wrong??

thank you
  2. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Is it JB, and if so just hold down the Sleep/Awake buttons together for 30sec. or as long as it takes until the Apple symbol comes on. Then use your usb cord and plug it back into the computer or plug it into your home docking system if you have one, it should kick it back into mode. Then you should be able to go ahead and plug it back in and do your syncing again, let us know your situation after you do what ever you do.

Cheers, The Crow
  3. brandoo

brandoo New Member

ya it is jb.
    i tried holding down sleep/ awake and plugging it back in but my ipod is not being detected it seems like.
  4. Plat

Plat New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Try this, disconsider the sound part

5. brandoo

brandoo New Member

thank you, it worked
  6. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Good job Plat, hope it keeps on working and write down what he mentioned or save it to a file so if it happens again you know what to do.