Problem setting up connection with ipod for emulator

Discussion in 'iOS Emulators' started by reinhart_menken, May 5, 2009.

1. reinhart_menken

reinhart_menken New Member

Hiya,

I've been trying to set up a ps or gab emulator on my ipod to no avail, and not for a lack of trying (spend a couple hours first trying to set up ps, then realized that games on it don't run too well, gave up, then went for gba, a couple more hours).

I've been able to download the emulators (well, right now I just want to get gba working) from Cydia, but I'm having a real pain in the neck trying to connect to my ipod (I knew there was some advantage to windows mobile

Please Register or Log in to view images

).

I tried using Total Commander first, but I can't get into the "var" or "Application" folder, because they're shown as files instead of folders (and I did get the T-something addon). And when I'm trying to just transfer file into my ipod via Total Commander - I figure I'll just deal with transferring file from the main into var via Mobile Finder - it gave me grieve about write protection.

So I switched to WinSCP, then when I tried to log into my ipod, it asked me for a password (I don't even know where to configure that).

So....anyone have any ideas on the total commander situation (can't access var and application, and write protection) or the WinSCP situation (password)?

Thanks!

ps. I actually figured it'd be faster to google it than to ask on the forum, but there are just things that you can't find on google.
  2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    The default SSH password is "alpine" use that for most SSH applications. Port 22, host name is ip, user name "root", and make sure it on SFTP.
  3. reinhart_menken

reinhart_menken New Member

Thanks! That fixed it! Only now I figured out (or saw) that the gba emulator's screen's too small (make that way too small) to make it enjoyable. Guess it was a lesson learned.

Edit: Opps, I should have known that people are smarter than you give them credit for (which is an ironic statement because I was just being stupid), found out that changing the skins would make it full screen.