Problem sending mail using BT Yahoo

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by wolfy, Feb 27, 2008.

1. wolfy

wolfy New Member

I had the updated apps and loaded my BT yahoo account, the touch found all the details automatically as Yahoo is one of the providers it can deal with. I have been using it with no problems sending and receiving, viewing attachments etc, however just last night it stopped sending and keeps coming up with an error message saying the "null" server cannot be found.
    I have deleted and reloaded the account and again the touch automatically loads all the details and can receive but not send. Does anyone have a solution to this issue?

Thanks

Wolfy!!!!!
  2. njt1

njt1 New Member

Select your mail account with the details in, chose advanced and then set SSL to off for both send and recieve. Kr.
  3. wolfy

wolfy New Member

Thanks for the reply however on accounts that have been automatically set up i.e the ones that the touch lists providers, you cannot go into this setting.
    On the hotmail account that i have set up manually yes you can go into the settings for pop3, smtp, ssl etc.

wolfy!!!
  4. Tigerclaw

Tigerclaw New Member

This doesn't work I'm afraid. I've been trying to sort this problem out all day. I too could send emails from my Touch up until today. Now all of a sudden I can't.

I'm with a BT account too, and have been on the phone to them trying to get a resolution. Unfortunately they couldn't help. There's nothing wrong with my email acount, I can send and recieve from my PC. My Touch only receives.

Any one else have any ideas please?

EDIT: I think I sussed it guys! In the out going mail server section, make sure you fill in your user name and your password.

I just did this and it sent the mail no problem

Please Register or Log in to view images

I hope it works for you guys too.
  5. whizzkidwallace

whizzkidwallace New Member

This still not working for me

I have the same problem...cant send mail suddenly (though I have been without problem before now). You cant put your username and password in though as you have suggested, because you cant access those parameters for a yahoo setup account.

Anyone any more ideas please ??