Problem saving photos from Safari!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by donbon, Sep 25, 2008.

1. donbon

donbon New Member

@2g owners:

If ill save a picture from safari by touching it a while the 2g saves it.
    BUT the quality is really Bad!!! Like i have forgotten my glasses.

Has someone an answer for this problem?
    And please confirm that on your 2g.
  2. sitedown

sitedown New Member

you need glasses.

try zooming in
  3. donbon

donbon New Member

what a great answer!

in an other forum are user with the same problem.
    only 2g.

i have an touch since dec07 1g and since sep08 2g, so dont tell me something stupid here.

it was a serious question to 2g owners only!
  4. ipoduser458

ipoduser458 New Member

Hi, I'm new here, just got the 32GB 2G iPod Touch this Monday.

Yes, I've noticed the exact same problem you describe. At first I though Safari saves an extremely low resolution version of the image (since the images uploaded to iPod Touch through iTunes get severely downsized, I thought Safari on iPod also reduces image size, and much more so than iTunes does). But it appears that this is not the case; you can download these saved images to your computer from your iPod and view them at normal resolution on your monitor.

WTF????
  5. 1adam1

1adam1 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    uugh i have this same problem. the pics are blurry. when i take a screenshot, however, its perfectly clear.
  6. DotSlashSlash

DotSlashSlash Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    :/ that really strange, maybe the 2.2 update thats in beta at the moment will fix this
  7. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Its because the resolution of the pic is too big or small.

Save one, and then take it off the iPod and look at it.
  8. Drawingbreath

Drawingbreath New Member

Yes I have exactly the same problem on a one week old 2nd Gen iPod Touch 16GB.

At first (and one of the conclusions come to by others elsewhere) I thought this was just another bit of DRM getting funky courtesy of Apple corporate, but then I reasoned that seeing as the images could easily be my own Apple would have a massive lawsuit heading their way applying restrictions to my own coprighted material.

This must be a bug and quite an irritating one at that. The workaround that I saw posted on another board was to use "Scribble" a free app from the app store that allows you to load in images from the Photo Albums and then save them back as a copy. The one problem using this method is it automatically resizes any image to fit the screen size, so you will lose quality on bigger images.

Got to love the smart arse answers to this topic. You'll be glad to know that other like-minded helpful smart arses had the same responses. Here's some of my own:

• [*]Have you tried cleaning your screen?
      [*]Taking it out from behind packing cellophane?
      [*]What about not using thumbnail preview... etc. etc.

My fervent wish is that Apple fix this along with giving us a real Finder to Webdav files onto the iPod drive with. Hey! I can dream.
  9. 1adam1

1adam1 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    no bumping por favor. thanks for the info tho.
  10. Impulses

Impulses New Member

Yeah, Scribble does weird things when it opens a photo (sometimes it crops it, sometimes it resizes it, sometimes it pastes it on a white canvas that's wider or taller than the actual photo, there's no rhyme or reason to it)... BUT it does save the image properly and it looks higher res within the device itself.

The iPod/iPhone is saving it properly too, if you sync the blurry pics to your PC they'll look fine and they'll have retained their original resolution... It's just flagging them incorrectly or something and instead of opening the pic it should open when you use the photo navigation app (or other photo editing apps 'sides Scribbler), it apparently opens the thumbnail it saves of every pic for faster navigation (hence the blurryness).

Should be a really easy fix, I dunno why Apple doesn't push out updates more often... I was looking for another photo editing app like Scribbler which was free but didn't manhandle the photos when they didn't conform to the dimensions it wants, but I couldn't find one. Best work-around is just to sync and re-sync the pic back to the iPod/iPhone, and if you wanna pass it around to show it to someone just open it from the source.

E-mailed pics are either downloaded or remain in the cache for a while, I dunno which... But it's easy to re-open 'em.