Problem re-jailbreaking

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by tbl, Mar 1, 2008.

1. tbl

tbl New Member

I successfully done a Jailbreak on my 1.1.4 8GB touch, and all was well. Done under Leopard OS X on Macbook Pro.

Then I wanted to give it to my little bro, as I got a 16GB.

I didn't want him having all my email accounts etc, so I used the restore function on ZiPhone, but it froze at the spoofing part.

Worrying, I aborted, and done a full restore to 1.1.4 on his Windows iTunes.

This obviously wiped everything as expected, but now I cant 're-jailbreak' again. I've tried numerous times on both Windows and Mac with no joy.

Vanilla 1.1.4 working fine, but jailbreaking just fails on the 'spoofing AT' part.
    Tried doing a full restore to 1.1.3, then Jailbreaking, same problem.

Tearing out what's left of my hair here, very frustrating. Only reason I managed to sell him onto the iPod Touch idea over a Nano was due to the cool Jailbroken apps such as Last.Fm etc.

Any ideas?
  2. c0mmun1st4lyf3

c0mmun1st4lyf3 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm not an expert at 1.1.4 YET but I can get you back to 1.1.3 jailbroken or 1.1.2 or 1.1.1 if you like...
    (IT WILL TAKE LONG)... since i have no clue why its like that.....
    but just like 1.1.3 1.1.4 uses the same downgrader so you can downgrade to 1.1.1 then from 1.1.1 go to 1.1.2 and from 1.1.2 jailbroken go to 1.1.4 with the soft upgrader located on installer ..... hope that works

you cant just jailbreak 1.1.4 with 1.1.3 likewise 1.1.3 with 1.1.3 already on... you alway need to start at 1.1.1 jailbroken
  3. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    woh

but exactly what he said here's the instuctions:
    1. watch this video
    2. then watch this video

ALL CREDITS GO TO IPODTOUCHMASTER(05)
  4. tbl

tbl New Member

Cheers guys, I understand the procedure, but what I don't understand is this:

My 8GB touch was 1.1.3, and I paid for the January Software Update. I then done an official update to 1.1.4 before I then decided to look into Jailbreaking.

I downloaded ZiPhone, and just hit the Jailbreak button, and all worked!

I presume that it is fine to work this way, but if you then RESTORE to 1.1.4, you're then stuck with doing the incremental soft upgrade method?
  5. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    good i'm glad it worked but if you restore to 1.1.4 it will work.
  6. sharkie545

sharkie545 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    it could be maybe he had a bad 1.1.4 firmware which he tryed to restore from
  7. tbl

tbl New Member

Tried a standard restore and also a 'manually located' firmware I downloaded from one of the firmware download libraries.