Problem playing large MP3 files

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Djinn252, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Djinn252

Djinn252 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have a non-jailbroken second-gen Ipod Touch.

I recently copied an audiobook to the iPod in the form of about six MP3 files. They play perfectly normally, like any other MP3, but this afternoon, I discovered a problem.

Each MP3 file is about an hour long. My drive to work took me about 55 minutes, so there were about five minutes remaining in the first MP3 file. When I started driving home that evening, the audiobook text sounded familiar. I checked the settings, and it was playing from the 42-minute mark. I dragged the slider to roughly the 54-minute mark, and let it play, and within two seconds, it jumped back to the 42-minute mark.

I repeated this several times... Each time I dragged the slider to a point that was late in the MP3, it would jump back to the 42-minute mark and proceed to play. I discovered this was also the case with the other audiobook MP3 files.

If I allowed it to repeat the 13-odd minutes, it played through normally, but I really would like to be able to continue an MP3 file at roughly the point I left off. Has anyone else encountered something like this?
  2. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Go to:
    Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.

If that doesn't work go here.
  3. Djinn252

Djinn252 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No dice... I tried "Reset all Settings," but the behavior remains. I select one of the large MP3 files, drag the slider to (for example) the 58 minute mark, and within a second, it jumps back down to around the 40 minute mark.

Any other suggestions?
  4. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Did you try restoring?
  5. Djinn252

Djinn252 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Considering the narrow scope of the problem, I'm reluctant to wipe the entire content of my iPod unless I am fairly certain it will fix the problem. Is there any other possible fix?