problem on the ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by t.ara, Aug 1, 2009.

1. t.ara

t.ara Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I noticed that when i view certain things it has these lines that are on the image, but when i like screen shot the image and email it to my email on my computer i don't see the lines that i see on the ipod touch.

it is so irritating to see the IMAGE have LINES that doesn not BELONG there.
    how do i fix this?

jailbroken 2.2.1 2nd gen iPod touch
    jailbroken using the shortpersons
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155816

i am just afraid that this is something that i have to send in to get fixed.
  2. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Are the lines everywhere, all the time? Or do they just appear when viewing a screenshot or image in Safari or Photos?

If the lines only come up when viewing a photo or screentshot then I would restore your iPod. It may be a problem with the firmware but this may also be a problem with the iPod itself. I recommend upgrading to 3.0 in the process also, however if you do not want to then that's fine. Do a complete restore and if the problem still remains then it's Safe to say somethings actually wrong with the iPod touch. After that I would take it to the apple store and see about getting it replaced.
  3. t.ara

t.ara Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    so far i only see it on my myspace home screen and when i screenshot that page it shows it in the photos thing.
    and i will see if this happens on my brother's ipod & i will do the restore tomorrow.
    -------------
    edit//
    it looks like my brother's ipod has the same thing.
    i jailbroke it with the same tutorial thing.
    i wanna jail brake it for 2.2.1 though - i don't wanna put up with bugs on the 3.0 right now.
    any jailbraking tools that will work good?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    i re-jailbroke my ipod touch and it looks like it still happening.
    it happens on the 2nd generation iPod touch.
    it only shows the lines on images with drop shadow or shadowy image.
    --- anyone else with 2nd generation iPod Touch experience these?