problem jailbreaking

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by aa12345, Jun 17, 2009.

1. aa12345

aa12345 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    • Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    I jailbroke my ipod touch 16gb 2g. It worked fine for a month and then all the sudden, my cydia and bananas both dont work. my friend told me this happened cuz i used redsn0w to jailbreak my ipod. he said to try using the new firmware jailbreak with quickfreedom. I downloaded it and put libusb onto my computer. I did the correct setup in compatibility mode, but for some reason, after I restart the computer and open quickfreedom, it says libusb is not installed. why won't it recognize that i already installed it?
  2. qe boy

qe boy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i dont know, i jail borke mine with red sn0w and i have a 16gb 2g ipod touch

why dont you try re-jailbreaking your ipod
  3. aa12345

aa12345 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    with redsn0w again? I used it with 2.2 last time. is there redsn0w for 2.2.1?
  4. WhiteNova

WhiteNova New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    if your going to re-jailbreak, use redsn0w. otherwise wait for the firmware 3.0 jailbreak to be released and do it then.
  5. aa12345

aa12345 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thanks. thats probably the best idea... but one more question. when i jailbroke my ipod, i put categories on my ipod. i restored my ipod with 2.2.1 and everything works fine. the problem is that every app that was in a category section isn't there anymore. how do i fix that?
  6. WhiteNova

WhiteNova New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    they were all probably "poofed" when you started using categories. download poof from cydia (its a part of sbsettings, if you have it) and then turn them all on. if they are turned on, turn them off, then back on, then respring.
  7. aa12345

aa12345 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    so to get them again i will have to re-jailbreak, right?
  8. WhiteNova

WhiteNova New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ah i see.. you aren't jailbroken at the moment. hmmm...
  9. aa12345

aa12345 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah. i mean i can survive without my apps for a few days while waiting for a jailbreak of 3.0. but i also want to make sure the jailbreak is safe...
    also, i've been looking on the website and people are saying it will only take like a few days max for the jailbreak to be made. so i think thats just gonna be what i'll do unless someone knows how to fix my problem