iOS 3.1 Problem jailbreaking: Error 1600

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by The Killswitch, Oct 2, 2009.

1. The Killswitch

The Killswitch Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    So, I just downloaded the new Pwnage tool using a mirror link on the dev team website and created my custom ipsw on a friend's Mac (since obviously there is no program for 2G iPods for Windows.

Now, for the next part: restoring to the custom firmware. I put my device in DFU mode and pressed Shift+Restore as usual. After about five minutes of iTunes scanning the file, I was confronted by the Error 1601: "iTunes cannot restore this device."

Now, a thread was recently created to guide users through the downgrade process, and then upgrading to 3.1, but my device is too new for that to work; the 2G cannot revert back to 2.0.2.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
  2. Duykur

Duykur Banned

You have to be in recovery mode, not dfu.

to be in recovery mode, hold down power and home until the ipod reboots and you see the apple logo. Let go of the power button, but keep holding down home until you see the "connect to itunes screen.
  3. mattehww

mattehww New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    another way to get into recovery, turn off your ipod. disconnect ipod from computer. then while holding down home button, plug in ipod , and keep holding home until pops up as recovery mode
  4. Greekone

Greekone Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey what i did was when it gave me the 1600 error i left the device
    plugged in and, didn't shut down itunes, and held down the power and
    home till it boots out of dfu then let it boot fully up then just shift+restore
    and it went through for me

If this don't work try this. it's the full tut i tried.
    1). You get the error. (Ofcourse)
    2). DONT TURN OFF ITUNES. DONT DISCONNECT IPHONE CABLE.
    3). If the phone is still on, reboot/restart the phone. If its off then kick it out of DFU mode which is explained in the NEXT step.
    4). Press and hold the power and home button for some time to kick the phone out of DFU mode.
    5). Itunes will detect it again.
    6). Now try to simple-restore it, that is click on the restore button on itunes while pressing the shift button of your keyboard. YOU WILL GET THE 16XX ERROR AGAIN IN 5 MINS !!!! but dont worry, everything is under control.
    7). now your iPhone will have the picture of the iPhone cable on its screen. good.
    (DONT TURN OFF ITUNES. DONT DISCONNECT IPHONE CABLE.)
    8). NOW put the iPhone it in DFU mode. How? Firstly turn the phone off (it might try to start up on its own again but turn it off again). Once its off, Press and hold the power and home button for 10 seconds, then release the power button but keep the home button pressed for another 10-20 seconds till itunes recognizes your phone.
    9). NOW restore the phone by selecting the pawned custom firmware that you created and you will NOT get the 16xx error.
  5. The Killswitch

The Killswitch Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Durkur's advice worked, thanks. The progress bar is on my iPod as I'm typing this.
  6. Duykur

Duykur Banned