Problem: iTouch restoring

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by panda66, Mar 20, 2010.

1. panda66

panda66 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    hi everyone

This is my first post in this forum so sorry for any mistakes that I might make. Coming on to the problem, i have tried to find the solution in alot of places but I only see people having the problem, and no working solutions.

I have an iPod touch 32gb 3rd gen, running at 3.1.2, and jailbroken by blackra1n. I was working on it a few days ago, and downoaded backgrouder. It worked fine for a few minutes, but then started to slow down my iPod; so much so that it froze at some point.

As I panicked, I started pressing combinations of Homescreen and standby button. This lead it to turn off. Because this was a tethered version of the iPod, when I turned it on, it hade the apple sign on it. Please not that the apple sign appeared on the screen for about 10 minutes(and seems to get longer everytime i do it again), after which it turned into the screen saying 'connect to iTunes'. Bascially, it took longer then usual to do that.

I tried to tetther it using blackra1n, but it frose on Hots' picture for a few minutes, then turned off. I tried to connect it to iTunes and restore it, but the restoration proccess gets stuck at 'waiting for iPod'. I tried blackra1n and iTunes many times but it didn't work. What should I do.

Also, I am still suppose to have the limited warranty, if i take it to apple, would they know its jailbroken?

Please help, i miss doodle jump

Please Register or Log in to view images

. Thanks
  2. m0in

m0in Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Try entering blackra1n in DFU mode. The instructions can be found here: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034.
    If that doesnt work, enter your ipod in DFU mode, and restore with iTunes. Also, try plugging in your ipod while holding down the home button before trying DFU with iTunes
  3. panda66

panda66 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I tried to use blackra1n in DFU mode, but it doesn't even detect it. iTunes does detect it but the same thing happens 'waiting for iPod', when I am restoring it. thanks