Problem installing sbsettings, on 3rd gen touch 32 gb

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by StephanePare, Dec 18, 2009.

1. StephanePare

StephanePare New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have looked at all the threads, and http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150120 is somewhat similar, but with no solution, and not quite the same, as i am using a 3g.

Basically, i use blackra1n to jailbreak, everything goes well, except that i can't use my itunes on my ipod since the process of jailbreaking leaves my touch in recovery mode. No biggie since i don't plan on using itunes ever again anyway, i assume its the recovery mode thats the jailbreak i guess. No matter if i use cydia or rock however, installing sbsettings bugs out my ipod. after installing sbsettings, it asks me to reboot my ipod, then i get the conect to itune screen with the usb cable, the arrow and itunes. I can't restore normally using itunes, i have to switch to DFU mode to be able to restore, or itunes gives me the "the ipod "ipod" could not be restored. an unknown error occured".

Some post in http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150120 talks about suposedly not being in restore mode after jailbreak is done, but leaves absolutely no instructions on how to ensure that. I am not runnign so-called "tethered mode", as blackra1n don't let me run any commands, does everything automatic. Should i give redsn0w a try instead?
  2. SiXAXiS

SiXAXiS Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Aha, yeah, try installing it manually and respringing. Maybe that will work but m not entirely sure.
  3. StephanePare

StephanePare New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Do you mean installing sbsettings manually, or the jailbreak? either case, i have no idea how to do, i thought sydia/rock were the only means of installing anything untill you get the ssh thing with sbsettings.

So after a bunch of research, i found out my ipod wasn't broken, nor was the install, but that it seems i need to re-run blackra1n every hard-reset. However that makes my ipod invisible to itunes period. Is there a way i can use openssh/winscp to put my music in there, and have the normal music button/reader recognize it? I tried copying it in the /private/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control/Music/ that the itunes usually copies, that and the various sub-directories, no luck, it doesn't see then. I tried /private/var/root/Media/Music and no go there either. Or do i simply have to use another app?