Problem installing apps

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by firest0rm, Aug 10, 2010.

1. firest0rm

firest0rm New Member

Hey guys,

I have a 2nd gen 16gb ipod touch, MB model.

When I did the 3.1.3 jailbreak for some reason it wouldn't let me install apps unless they were from the iTunes store directly. Normally before I would click on the *.ipa and it would go through iTunes and install but on the 3.1.3 jailbreak it stopped working.

I thought I'd buggered something up and surmised it would be fixed when I jailbreak with a newer version. So the other day I put on version 4 then jailbroke it via jailbreakme.com on Safari and everything went fine but the *.ipa's still won't go on.

If anyone has a solution I would be eternally grateful.
  2. jack rules32

jack rules32 Banned

so your saying u had to download the apps on your computer? then sync them? i dont understand
  3. firest0rm

firest0rm New Member

Sorry mate I didn't explain myself very well.

If I log onto iTunes on the Ipod itself I can download and install apps to it fine, but if the *.ipa is on my computer it won't go on. It'll be shown in iTunes and do the installation process but then I'll receive an error message saying it couldn't be installed. Then each time I start iTunes it'll try to reinstall until I untick it on the applications tab.

It's as though the device isn't jailbroken, although the cydia icon is there and applications I've installed previously via double clicking a *.ipa on my computer are still there and working. It's only since the previous 3.1.3 jailbreak when installing apps via double clicking on the *.ipa stopped working.
  4. firest0rm

firest0rm New Member

5. zombie boy99

zombie boy99 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I'm confused...