[Problem] Cydia is being a huge [your dirtiest word]..

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by B2TheEYo, Feb 7, 2009.

1. B2TheEYo

B2TheEYo New Member

Hey all,

Took the plunge and Jailbroke my iPod Touch 2G - So far the experience has been great - for my first jailbreak. Although Cydia is being..... uncooperative?

Every time I try to download, anything, it's a hit or miss.

Some things download, others I have to repeat multiple times and others just are epic fails.

Here is a summary of some of the errors I get during downloading off the top of my head: POSIX, Host unreachable, timed out and cache failure...

I'm at the point of just reJailbreaking it and crossing my fingers for the best. =(

Anyone have a solution or answer? I don't believe it's possible it can be my connection (WiFi) as I'm always downloading apps from the store.
  2. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    could be the server, not your fault. some hosters may fail. like iSpazio....
  3. B2TheEYo

B2TheEYo New Member

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, you may be right and that is true. Although I was hoping someone would stand up and pull a magical fix out of their butt for the issue.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Heh, if only life worked that way.

It's most like a server issue that has to do with the recent flood of new people who jailbroke.
  5. Qartin

Qartin Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yea I get those too. Its not how you jailbroke it its the sources, alot are down, some are up.
  6. B2TheEYo

B2TheEYo New Member

Amen to that..

Thanks everyone, I was concerned I was the only sucker being left behind but seems it's affecting more then just myself. Let's hope they solve the issue, it's becoming annoying.

(already restored and rejailbroke) -