Problem connecting to wireless network

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xceph, Oct 14, 2007.

1. xceph

xceph New Member

Hi all, I am trying to enable my iTouch on my schools wireless network.. I cant seem to get it to work, the login for my schools network requires a name and password, i cant seem to find a field for the user name on my ipod, only the password, and network name... some of the network info is listed below, also here ( http://www.mun.ca/cc/wireless_access/wireless_windows.php )is a link to a complete tutorial on how to set it up for windows, it talks about the type of encryption and such that it uses, so it may be much clearer than what I could supply.

If anyone could help me set up this network, or simply tell me that its totally impossible and that I should give up I would appreciate it.

Oh in addition, the password and username are tied to my MAC address, they have already been succesfully generated.

- Network Authentication: WPA

- Data Encryption: “TKIP”

- EAP type: Protected EAP (PEAP)

-thanks.
  2. Nauticabro

Nauticabro New Member

I'm having the same exact problem at my school. If someone could help out that would be great.

Thanks!
  3. xceph

xceph New Member

Ive since learned that the network is an unsupported WPA Enterprise, but I am now wondering if this type will be supported in the future, or if there is a third party hack to enable it?