problem: connected to Router -> can not use safari, itunes etc.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Cyman, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Cyman

Cyman New Member

Hey Guys. At first you have to know that my english is bad. But I'll try to explain what happens.
    Okay I got my Ipod a few days ago. Everythings works good. Even the use of Safari at Hot-spots or anything like that.
    But now i got home and I connected to my router and my Ipod says that I am connected but I can not use Safari, Itunes store or Youtube.
    Might it be a problem with the Router? Cauz i guess the Router is not the newest one. But the Internet works, cauz I am right now in the Internet with it. But I want to get to the Inet with my Ipod. Does somebody has the same problem? Does somebody know a way how it could work?

thanks
    Simon.
  2. ipodtouchmaster05

ipodtouchmaster05 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    If it is an older router, the ipod might not support it.
  3. Cyman

Cyman New Member

hmm might be true. But it has Wireless LAN and it says DSL on it.. lol
    may be i have to acitivate something on the router to use it?
  4. jeff_282

jeff_282 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    you should check with the support pages for your router, sometimes an updated firmware will fix certain wireless problems.

i have a wireless adapter for my xbox 360 and it would not connect before, but now works great.

if you find a firmware update for your router, make sure you are hard plugged before doing the update, cuz if you do wireless you may brick your router if it cuts out
  5. centplyr

centplyr Member

Agreed....outdated firmare is a HIGHLY likely cause
  6. TheH

TheH New Member

Enable wireless

You prolly just need to enable the wireless on your router.. check the manual of your router into hou to do that, if you have a linksys you connect to the router settings by opening internet explorer typing 192.168.1.1 on the address and putting admin for password, no username. this is default settings..

But do a search on google for your router brand and model into how to get this done. tnen make sure you change the default password for your router and enable wireless with WAP encryption.. Also do a google search if you don't know what I'm talking about so you learn why you need to do this things.

Good luck!